Monday, May 7, 2007

Bush II: More Fun Than Expected

When Bush won a second term, didn't you get that doomsday feeling? I did. I remember working up a little list of awful things that could happen, just so I wouldn't be too surprised. Implosion of the planet by environmental abuse, explosion by nuclear bombs, Brian getting drafted to Iraq. You know, daydreams.

Granted, all those things might still happen. But Bush's second term seems more and more like a great period of uncomfortable squirming for the Bush crowd and satisfying revelation for the rest of us. He must wish he lost that election. At least then he wouldn't be the jackass sitting on the throne when the mob comes with the guillotine. I know there are still plenty of horrors being wrought daily by this administration, but pardon me if I enjoy this satisfying denouement. It's the part at the end of the movie when they show a little picture of each Bushie alongside a humiliating capsule description of where they are now.

No comments :